Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Is Officially Here!

Well boys and girls, it's official, summertime is here. The weird part is that the temps are in the low 70's here in philly, but I'm definitely not complaining. For everyday that the temperature is mild, I save money on cooling this gigantic apartment!

I made it through the first two weeks of training and orientation on the new job. In the first week, everyone was so nice and professional. By the second week, true personalities were coming out and things started to get interesting.

My training class is made up of a diverse group of blacks, whites and hispanics. Educationally, there are several MBA's, one lawyer, and a host of recent college grads. I have about 14 more weeks to go in training and I'm interested to see how personalities continue to be exposed.

Socially, I need to continue to nurturing my existing frienships as well as fostering new ones. I would love to have a buddy just to hang out with to go to movies, concerts and plays. The people I know now are busy entrepreneurs, work weekends, and in one case, just plain fickle...lol.

I won't be able to accept the scholarship that I was offered because I was not able to figure out how I would pay my rent and buy groceries on a part-time gig. (The scholarship covered books & tuition and required I enroll full-time).

Keep me in your prayers and send me lots of positive energy and I will do the same for you.

peace always,

Strong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/