Sunday, April 13, 2008

Letting Go

Sometimes I find myself in a place where I need to make changes in the people that I surround myself with. I'm in that place right now.

I've got a few 'friends' and acquaintances that I find are really draining and do not always have my best interest at heart. There's even one person that didn't call me for 6 months, but when they were mourning both the loss of a family member and a relationship-gone-bad, they miraculously found my number!?! Of course, me being the martyr I am took the person under my wing and counseled and consoled them. But, as I was doing this I realized that I was being used and that the life was being drained out of me!

I realize that a part of my calling in this world is to counsel others and to help them realize their full potential. However, in my personal life, I would like some reciprocity. Is that asking too much, or is it that because I am who I am, that I must sacrifice and give and expect little to nothing in return?!? I mean, I do find gratification in helping strangers and others, but sheez what must a man do to have a friend who can call just to say "Hello" or, "Let's hang out and have some fun?".

Anyways, in the end it's all good, sometimes I just need to vent. I will be distancing myself from a few people though, if only for a short while.

peace always,

strong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/