Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Should I, or, Shouldn't I?

In October 07' the office I worked at was significantly downsized from 200 employees to about 25. I was one of the 175 that was displaced at that time. We were given a generous severance package and 6 months of unployment compensation. Thus, I haven't worked in about 4 months. However, after taking no less that 3 week-long trips and paying off numerous bills, I'm getting bored and the money is running out. I guess I'll have to go back to work in the next couple of months. Damn!

It's all good though because I really needed this time to regroup after both my job and relationship ended in the same month. Now, I think I'm ready to go out and tackle the world again.

There's only one thing. I've been invited to Thailand by an old acquaintance. He has been going there for a few years now and has a boyfriend there. This trip he's planning on staying for 3 months. I'm considering visiting for about two weeks, since he is offering me free accomodations, (he'll have a penthouse suite while there). Essentially, I'll only have to pay for my transportation and my food while there. I'm thinking it's a once-in-a-lifetime offer so I may take him up on it. What do you guys think? Keep in mind that my bills will be paid through May o8' and I've never been overseas, unless you count the Carribean...lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/