Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gettin' your Swirl on

Ooh, I almost forgot one thing...I attended a dance recital event this evening which was also a tribute to the lost generation of creative black lgbt folk who died in the first wave of deaths from the AIDS epidemic in the 80's & 90's.

It was a beautiful event and I had the opportunity to see my favorite green-eyed redbone dancer for the second time in two days.

But that's not why I'm here tonight. I'm writing at 11:31pm because I'm a little bitter....yeah I said it...bitter. I'm bitter because it seems that many of the black gay men that I find interesting are only interested in dating corny white guys. I'm conflicted about this because I know some great people of all ethnicities. However, it never seems to fail that even in our leadership in the black lgbt community, the leaders are all dating white men. Am I the only one that seems to think there is a problem here? In addition, I think some of these people are only active in the black lgbt community to assuage their guilty consciences. At any rate, I feel much better now that I've gotten that bitterness off my chest. Peace and blessings yall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/