Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Menace called Outlet Malls

I should first state that I consider myself a pretty good shopper. I've always thought of it as one of the rights and privileges of being a gay guy. (Of course, nowadays, with the whole 'DL' thing, there are some tacky gay guys....ewww).

However, I'm here to tell you that when it comes to bargain shopping, not all outlet malls are created equal. Yesterday I went to the Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall which bills itself as the largest outlet mall in Jersey. The place was huge, but there was hardly a bargain to be found. A lot of the stores seemed to have really high prices and others matched the prices found on the sale racks in their retail stores.

In the end, there are only two outlet malls that I found good deals at and really enjoyed. (Unfortunately, they are both outdoor malls which means shopping there in the winter sucks bug time). Woodbury Commons in upstate New York has all the top designers. You will have to do some searching, but there is always a bargain to be found. I still can't believe the Versace shoes I got for $5o bucks that were marked $375 retail! My second favorite outlet in the great northeast is out in Reading, PA.

Some of the folks I went with did find really good deals for kids at the Jersey Gardens Mall, so I guess all was not lost.

I have a busy day today,church , then a gospel concert tonight, so I'll hit you guysup later on.

peace always,

strong

2 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

If you're ever in the Chicago area, the Premium Outlets in Aurora, IL are worth a stop. You can find some great deals.

January 31, 2008 5:15 AM  
Blogger strong4u said...

Thanks for the information Cash S.

January 31, 2008 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/