Saturday, February 16, 2008

Try, Try and Try Again

Recently my ex has been trying to weasel his way back into my life. We both attend the same church, so I see him on Sundays and I see him at choir rehearsal. For me, that's more than enough, especially considering the reasons behind our breakup.

As a compassionate Christian I am courteous to him and say hello and goodbye when I see him. For me, that's more than sufficient, especially just 4-5 months after an extremely bitter breakup. Some people I know, said they wouldn't even want to be in the same room with a person who did what he has done. However, I have forgiven him and moved on.

Unfortunately, my ex seems to be taking my kindness for weakness. He's started emailing and calling me about trivial things to 'test' the waters. What he doesn't seem to understand is that there isn't a chance in hell that I would get back with him! It's not personal, just business...lol. (I have to go about the business of my life and taking care of my person).

On Valentine's Day, dude calls and gabs on about some church-related issues (since that's all we have in common anymore) and at the very end of the conversation says "Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day". I said "Thank you, goodbye".

Yesterday, the fool calls me and says he would like to get together to have lunch and discuss "...ideas for the music ministry". Of course, I knew what he really wanted to talk about and I wanted no parts of it ! I simply stated that I didn't think that it was a "good idea" so soon after the breakup and that I was "not comfortable being alone with him".

Less than an hour later, he emails me asking me to "have lunch". I called him and explained again, this time much more firmly, that I thought having lunch with him was both a bad idea and unnecessary. I further eplained that I really didn't have anything to say to him about our past and that if he had something to say to me, he could say it over the phone. So, he starts talking some bull$hit about ideas for the music ministry and eventually he apologizes to me for the things he did that led to our breakup. I asked if that was all, he said yes, and I said thanks for the apology, and that we should limit our contact to church and rehearsals. I also stated that I think that I have been more than fair considering the circumstances surrounding our breakup.

If you guys have any opinions on this or any of my other blogs, leave a comment.

peace always,

strong

1 Comments:

Blogger Chet said...

Your Ex and your past? Now how can you move on if you allow the past to hinder your progress?

February 25, 2008 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/