Saturday, February 11, 2006

Life On The Other Side of The Rainbow...

Wassup people?!? I was just sitting here thinking about the various aspects of black gay life. There's the Noah's Arc (see http://www.logoonline.com/) glamorous, lots of friends and socializing group....and then, there are the rest of us. I won't say that I don't have any friends because I do. The problem is my two best friends live in far-away cities. Locally, I have only casual acquaintances. Lots of them. But no one that I really connect with like my out-of-town buddies. Making friends in the City of Brotherly Love has been nearly impossible. Whenever I think someone wants to be my friend they always seem to have some alterior motive. (For example, they are attracted to me and don't have the balls to just come out and say it. This has happened several times).

Recently, I've hung out a few times with this interesting acquaintance I met at my part-time gig. He's in his 40's and had a heart transplant a few years back. That I find very intriguing. Also, we both have a love of fine restaurants, architecture and art. He's a cool guy and I actually enjoy hanging out with him. I'm just glad to have someone to hang out with who has similar interests and can hold a conversation without using Yo! or 'nahmean every fifth word!

Maybe I wasn't meant to have lots of friends and be a socialite, although secretly since I was a kid that's been my dream. I do get out often enough and I take several vacations a year, but someday soon, I'd love to have 2-3 buddies just to hang out locally with and shoot the breeze after work sometimes.

peace always,

strong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/